• The Y12SR model addresses addiction as a physical, mental and spiritual dis-ease.
• Y12SR says, “the issues live in our tissues” … the body bears the burden of addiction
the effects get ‘stuck’ in us
• Yoga’s physical practice combining breath and movement
can release what’s held in our bodies
• 12-Step recovery model is cognitive — a talking, thinking practice — & yoga
offers a somatic approach
• Addiction separates and disconnects people from their families,
their communities, and themselves.
• Yoga means ‘union’ or ‘integration’ — the connection of breath and movement.
• Y12SR pairs a traditional 12-step-based discussion group and a physical yoga practice