• The Y12SR model addresses addiction as a physical, mental and spiritual dis-ease.
• Y12SR says, “the issues live in our tissues” … the body bears the burden of addiction
the effects get ‘stuck’ in us
• Yoga’s physical practice combining breath and movement
can release what’s held in our bodies
• 12-Step recovery model is cognitive — a talking, thinking practice — & yoga
offers a somatic approach
• Addiction separates and disconnects people from their families,
their communities, and themselves.
• Yoga means ‘union’ or ‘integration’ — the connection of breath and movement.
• Y12SR pairs a traditional 12-step-based discussion group and a physical yoga practice
This is a great class if you have gotten away from any physical fitness routine. The class will move slowly with only a few transitions from sitting on the floor and to standing up. I have had several requests to have a yoga class for individuals who feel they are overweight, have challenges of arthritis or other long term injuries, and also want find ways to stay active with gentle activity. Gentle Yoga is a great way to connect the mind with physical movement. The poses will help bring balance and strength in the body. The breath work will also help people connect with their bodies in the poses as well as relax!
$40- 5 classes
$75- 10 classes
Reach out to me firstname.lastname@example.org